Your first appointment may take 45 minutes, for thorough assessment and to discuss your diagnosis and treatment plan. Advice and exercises will be given to you if appropriate. We may include some work on posture correction and how to prevent recurrence. Ergonomics, sporting techniques, muscle imbalance, training errors etc will all be addressed at some point. Referral onto another team member or to your GP or an Orthopaedic Consultant may be required with your consent.
At your first visit you will be asked to complete a registration form to help us with our records and bring along your insurance details, cash or cheque for payment. We will need to see the area to be treated therefore please be prepared to undress appropriately, shorts can be provided if necessary.
Follow up appointments can be made these are generally 30 to 45 minutes. Our opening times are 8.30am to 8.30pm daily and Saturday clinics.
If you are unsure as to whether you would benefit from physiotherapy please call for advice.
Physiotherapy treatment for musculoskeletal conditions may include:-
- Joint mobilisations and manipulation
- Massage, soft tissue massage, myofascial release, muscle energy techniques
- Ultra sound
- Interferential therapy
Specific exercise rehabilitation programmes including:-
- Strengthening programmes
- Stretching regimes
- Stability and balance work
- Core stability
- Functional rehabilitation
- Sports specific training
- Cardiovascular regimes
- Fitness assessment
- Advice on training, self care and prevention
- Work station advice
- Lifting techniques and back care
- Gait re-education
- Biomechanical assessment
Obstetric musculoskeletal conditions and women’s health treatments may include:-
- Specialist advice for pregnant or post delivery ladies, who have symptoms of lower back pain,
- Sacroiliac or pubic symphasis symptoms.
- Obstetric TENS machines, electrotherapy
- Specific exercises for during and after pregnancy
- Liaison with midwife and consultant
- Specific exercise programmes
- Core stability
- Pelvic floor re-education
- stretching regimes
Respiratory Care, treatments may include:-
- Airway clearance techniques
- Breathing control techniques
- Respiratory muscle training
- Monitoring and measuring lung function
- Assessment and administration of nebulised antibiotics
- Inhaler techniques
Home Visit – Community Service – Care of Elderly, treatment may include:-
- Joint mobilisation and massage
- Electrotherapy e.g. TENS, ultrasound
- Exercise programme for mobility, strength, balance and fitness
- Gait re-education (walking practice)
- Breathing exercises, airway clearance, inhaler techniques, lung function tests
- Relaxation techniques
- Advice on self care and prevention
If you feel that you require physiotherapy treatment but are unable to attend the practice for whatever reason, please feel free to contact us to discuss your individual needs. CALL: 01925 266 881 or 07745 870442 or click here.